Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Is NFL labor argument more fun than the regular season?

Okay so today I read this article on the NFL website (see the link below).  I read from the Commish that he actually wants there to be a players union.  Well maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here... he did say that collective bargainning was a good thing - and that it makes the whole system more equitable, safe, and cheaper for the fans in the long run.

I nearly fell over!  So I figure, "Hmmm... I better Google this guy & see who he is." 

Roger S. Goodell
Goodell is a 1981 graduate of Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Penn. with a degree in Economics.

As the NFL's COO, Goodell took responsibility for the league's football operations and officiating, as well as supervised league business functions. He headed NFL Ventures, which oversees the league's business units, including media properties, marketing and sales, stadium development and strategic planning.

OMG!  Here is a successful, economics guy with a background in running a mutil-billion dollar brand who actually thinks that collective-bargainning is a good thing??  Can we get this guy cloned!!  I mean what he says in the article actually makes sense, and is applicaple to what is going on now in multiple states involving the teachers unions.  I think that business people need to get together a little more on this before telling me that public sector unions are bad in Wisconsin, but okay for the NFL.
 
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7cb30/article/goodell-nfl-needs-collective-bargaining-not-hurtful-lawsuits

No comments:

Post a Comment